Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got almost 4k on my Versys now after 6 weeks of ownership and my clutch is still acting funny. When I first start out in the AM or when the bike has sat for several hours when I let out the clutch the first time starting out it jerks like I let it out quick and sometimes I stall the bike. It only happens once and not again until the next AM or several hours of siting later. What do you think? Adjustment or trip to the dealer...? :confused: Oh and yes it doesn't do it everytime. Maybe half the time.:mad:

<<brian>>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems like a bit of oil contamination on the plates take it to the dealer to check it out, that said i used to have a yamaha fj1200 it done the same if not used for a week or two but i just left it and it got no worse in 4 year

·
Registered
186 Posts
DeweyBrian ,

Personally I wouldn't call that terribly uncommon with the wet clutch systems .
As it was explained to me by a super race tech guru sort friend of mine . The cltuch pack gets stuck together from just sitting and the oil creating sort of a suction .
My V showed some sign of that behavior during break in miles using standard Kawaski oil . Of course, I switched to running Rotella T Sythetic oil shortly after break in miles . The synthetic oils will help stop and or soften that .
You saying to does it when cold or been sitting for a few hours , I would bet lunch x 10 that is what it is doing . My KLR is really bad about it without the syntheitc oil .
I will add this . I am sure you have found that if you start the bike before you get on to warm it a bit , you should really be ABSOUTLEY SURE you are holding the front break tightly before you hit the start button . Due to the clutch packs natural desire to seem partially engaged , it will sometimes make the bike leap pretty hard if not holding the break . Switch to synthetic , and watch that nearly go away , and also watch your bike run smoother and quiter than you ever imagined .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts