Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the steering steering stem head bolt size on the '08 Versys? I checked the service manual but no listing of size.

I want to loosen the bolt to align the forks but not sure what size socket to pick up.

Thanks..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Anyone know the steering steering stem head bolt size on the '08 Versys? I checked the service manual but no listing of size.

I want to loosen the bolt to align the forks but not sure what size socket to pick up.

Thanks..
Harbor Freight will be happy to sell you an entire metric socket set for less than a pack of cigarettes (I think, I ain't a smoker.)

But wait! There's more! for almost the same amount they'll be happy to sell you a ratchet too! and if you play for cards right and enter "harbor freight 20% coupon" on your fartphone you'll pay 20% less! and the sockets for the occasional home mechanic are of... adequate quality.

JMO, you can thank me later. oh yeah, you *might*wind up with a socket set that doesn't have the size you need (I dunno the size and I'm too lazy to walk to the shop to look at my scooter and figure it out), in which case Sears or Home Despot or B.lows will be happy to sell you that size.

more JMO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
26mm, found on partzilla*

*Edit: apparently the nut is 26mm DIA, but the nut is round and has a hex socket machined into it-- seems like most kawi headstock nuts use a 12mm hex head, so I'm betting I'll need a 12mm hex head to crack the headstock nut.

·
Registered
336 Posts
26mm, found on partzilla*

*Edit: apparently the nut is 26mm DIA, but the nut is round and has a hex socket machined into it-- seems like most kawi headstock nuts use a 12mm hex head, so I'm betting I'll need a 12mm hex head to crack the headstock nut.
I'll be happy to send my beloved SK hex set your way for testing....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts