Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have ridden mine for 20000 km without head shake even once due to relaxed steering geometry on this bike. If you do have this condition it is most likely due to worn out steering head bearings.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
You normally only get head shake on a race bike that has very aggressive steering geometry compared to the v. On the v there is no need for a damper. As long as the bike does not have mechanical issues the Versys steering geometry alone will prevent head shake from ever occurring.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your answer, but I had modified my versys and changed geometry and riding position and turned into a street fighter bike, that's why I need a damper. Regards!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for your answer, but I had modified my versys and changed geometry and riding position and turned into a street fighter bike, that's why I need a damper. Regards!
You re welded the frame to decrease the angle of fork rake? Pictures please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use my V on the track about once every second month and i have often got a head shake, well lets rather call it a bit of a wobble, it's not that scary, just pin it and it sorts it's self out. It's probably due to bad riding style more than a problem with the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts