Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried to use the Scotts ninja 650r kit on a V. If not does anyone know if the front forks and bars are the same. I read the basic information about this kit and I think it might work. I am going to pitch Scotts a call to see.

I spoke with the guys at Scotts. This kit does not transfer over, but they said if we are interested in the dampener to e-mail Scott @ Scotts performance.com and if enough request are made they will make a kit for our bikes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I posted question regarding steering damper a while back... Apparently no one makes one for our versys...

Let's us know what you find out...

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Has anyone tried to use the Scotts ninja 650r kit on a V. If not does anyone know if the front forks and bars are the same. I read the basic information about this kit and I think it might work. I am going to pitch Scotts a call to see.
The bars MAY be the same, but the forks DEFINITELY are NOT!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just curious as to why you feel you need one?:dgi: Whenever I put a dampener on my bikes, such as my Z1000, it was due to significant head shake, something I have not noticed on the V. Could be I am missing it, but so far the forks have been pretty steady with no sign of head shake or a tank slapper...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ever so slight vibration in the bars does not seem to be extreme, but face it any bike can be made a little better if you want to spend the money. I ride about 15 to 20 thousand miles a year and travel cross country via bike at least once. The dampener is great on the long trips and cuts down on fatigue.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I spoke with the guys at Scotts. This kit does not transfer over, but they said if we are interested in the dampener to e-mail Scott @ Scotts performance.com and if enough request are made they will make a kit for our bikes.
Versys forks are the same as a Z1000 (I checked and they are all the same part number).

In my area, most peoples will install damper on sport bikes to prevent tank slapping after a wheelie.

IMHO I don't see any other use for in especially on the Versys

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The Versys is pretty stable. The only time I've seen it shake its head is when I get the front end unloaded on hard acceleration while shifting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts