Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All -

I'm confused about what the static sag should be on the front and would appreciate some feedback.

I followed the procedure from Race Tech by tipping the bike off the front end and then taking measurements after lifting and compressing the forks at different preload settings.

Measuring between the black fork tube cap (that pinches the axle) and the outer tube metal above the dust seal, I'm seeing 6” with the front tire off the ground with the ruler I'm using (which has a little bit of un-measured length at the end).

We took measurements with me on the bike at zero, seven and fifteen turns out on the preload adjusters and came out with the following (rebound was set to stock at 1 3/4 turns out):

forks compressed and released
0 turns out: 5 1/16
7 turns out: 4 13/16
15 turns out: 4 8/16

forks lifted and released
0 turns: 5 5/16
7 turns: 5
15 turns: 4 12/16

w/me on the bike
0 turns: 4 11/16
7 turns: 4 7/16
15 turns: 4 4/16

If I knock a tenth off these numbers to consider the un-ruled section of metal at the end of the ruler I'm using (and sync with the 5.9” travel), I'm seeing 22%, 26% and 30% static sag with me on the bike.

My question is, if Race Tech's advise is to run at about 30% sag for street riding, that would mean I should back the preload adjusters all the way out? That doesn't sound right to me - am I misinterpreting something?

BTW - I'm at 178 pounds

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Gustavo, V UK is pword protected and some can not see it. Would you be so kind as to do a copy and paste for us so we may get it stickied on here also. Thanks. See you on the road.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just sign up for that site and everything works great. Very nice write up on sag with clear pix.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FYI my front is adjusted to the stops all the way out on preload. I am like 190 atgatt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts