Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about starting a motorcycle club with a few friends. I'm just not sure about how to get it off the ground. Now when I say club, I don't mean gang. No patches, no colors, no dues, just a group of people. It would be a slightly organized group of people who ride either together or alone and just enjoy motorcycles and traveling. Meet once or twice a month at someone's house or at a scenic site to share ride stories, relax and have fun with friends. Rallies would be something like who can go the farthest in 24 hours, go on a checkpoint type ride with food at the end, or go dead heading (pick a direction when you get to an intersection, end up where you end up and camp at the end of the day). I thought we could do awards for things like what Ironbutt does (1000 miles in 24 hours, 2k in 2 days, etc), most miles in a year, and most states in a year. Go to race events like NASCAR or NHRA. Anyway, rambling over, :rolleyes: how do you get something like this started?

·
Registered
624 Posts
We have a loose knit group of people that bicycle together. No rules, meetings or requirements. We meet on Sunday mornings and go for a ride. If you can make it great...if you can't that's okay too. Usually have 4 or 5 guys sometimes 15 or 20. Works pretty well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like you already have activities plan in mind...you have members (few friends like you said) and activities, then get it off the ground!

·
Registered
10 Posts
A lot of riders use Meetup.com to get things started. I even know of one local club that a bunch of members quit because it was getting too structured with rules and signing waivers before rides and stuff like that, so now they have a group on Facebook, and they have impromptu and well planned out rides all the time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
My local dual sport (GCDSR) "Club" uses a Yahoo Users Group format, that' free. You can be up and running in minutes.
You could also use one of the cheap or free forum hosting / soft wares. Like a scaled down version of this forum.

·
Registered
770 Posts
According to a thread I read on this subject once on a HD forum, you will need to arrange for a sit down with the local chapter of the Hell's Angles or other dominate motorcycle gang in your area to seek their approval first. It is apparently also important to not use upper and lower rockers patches on your club's leather vests, especially if it lists a location on the lower rocker. This can cause other gangs to think you are moving in on their territory. ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to a thread I read on this subject once on a HD forum, you will need to arrange for a sit down with the local chapter of the Hell's Angles or other dominate motorcycle gang in your area to seek their approval first. It is apparently also important to not use upper and lower rockers patches on your club's leather vests, especially if it lists a location on the lower rocker. This can cause other gangs to think you are moving in on their territory. ;)
Pff. I ain't scared.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My local dual sport (GCDSR) "Club" uses a Yahoo Users Group format, that' free. You can be up and running in minutes.
You could also use one of the cheap or free forum hosting / soft wares. Like a scaled down version of this forum.
My local riders group uses a Yahoo user group too. Works well for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts