Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on here that a few people have changed out their lines for SS ones. Who are you getting them through?:confused:

I had Galfer SS lines on my ZX6R and they made a world of difference. Any info would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll be interested in finding out this information, too. I'm currently on a search for SS brake lines (HEL, Goodridge, Galfer, whatever) in "kit" form . . . but I haven't gotten lucky yet. If necessary, I'll go for a place that does "custom fitment," but that would have to wait until I get my Versys and can measure the lines and fitting angles precisely. I would rather have the lines installed when my dealer sets up the bike. So, does anybody out there know where to find a kit?

Thanks!
Elllvis

·
Registered
125 Posts
Spiegler

I saw that Spiegler is making them already for the Versys, check them out; I know I will :)

Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, Spiegler Has Them!

Thanks for the "heads up," FJS! I had never heard of Spiegler - and didn't find them in my Google search for the Versys kit.

I just talked to Richard at Spiegler. Their production shop was closed down for the day, but he's pretty sure he'll be able to get a set made tomorrow - and it will only take another day to ship them to me. Great news!

Soooooo . . . I'll probably have an HEL SS Brake Line Kit for the Versys listed on the "Classified" section of our forum in a week to 10 days. Watch for a "Forum Member's Discount"! :D

Peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Elllvis (Kevin),

Glad to have been of some help, I will order my frnt 2 pc.& rear set in red w/red banjos (Speigler, of course,). Along will order my Muzzy exhaust as well.

Tommorrow I pick up my Givi screen and rear topcase mount along with my fenda extenda. :D

Cheers

Frank

·
Registered
114 Posts
Accessory Envy

Sounds like you're putting together quite a bike, Frank! I've had to stop buying Versys accessories for a while, aside from the OEM top case, Spiegler SS lines, and a Bags Connection tank bag I've already ordered. My wife is getting one of the new Piaggio MP3 500 motoscooters (two front wheels, one rear wheel, 40 hp, 32 ft/lb torque, 85mph cruising, insanely fun and stable to ride, and almost impossible to tip). She's made it clear that it is HER TURN to shop for bike-related goodies! If you haven't seen the 500, you can check it out at: http://www.piaggiousa.com

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Muzzy exhaust. When it starts to get chilly next fall, I know I'll be ordering a Givi windscreen. I had one on my Honda VFR800 and loved it!

Have a great time with your Versys, let us know about it here on the forum, and post some pics from your rides around Guatemala City!

Peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awsome

Hey Kevin,

I have seen the Piaggio MP3, sweet scooter/bike, I find those kind of rides to be of the most logical creation; comfortable, stable, practical comuter and a capable bike in the "real" world.

I am known around here for my bad habit to farkle, can't help it (single twice) but I think that I will stop with the Versys after what I mentioned. I think that it is enough for now. Oh, by the way, I forgott to mention that a great add on to the bike are the foam slip over grips, makes the ride and feel that much more enjoyable and for 6-10 bucks.

When I get the picture posting thing down, I will post pics of bike and rides in the area although most trips are on my 12GSA (sorry). I'm a true biker at heart and don't discriminate bikes or people on their corresponding steeds.

Glad to hear about your new addition and hope that you and your wife enjoy your rides and trips togehter, it's a heck of an experience.

Cheers, :)

Frank

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Frank - and all other viewers,

You're right about the slip-on foam grips. I have a set on my Honda VFR800 that will be "migrating" to the Versys in about a week.

You sure don't have to apologize to me for riding anything that you enjoy riding. When I'm out and about, regardless of what I'm riding (Harley, Honda, Kawasaki, whatever) I wave to other riders . . . including folks on bicycles, scooters, skateboards, pogo sticks or whatever else gets them to where they want to go AND makes them grin along the way. As far as I'm concerned, life is much too short for any kind of "snobbery" at all.

ASAP, I'll post a photo of me with my Versys and Denise with her MP3. Just promise me that you won't suppress any of the laughter that will bubble up when you see it!

Peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Kevin,

No way, you're funny. You are absolutely right, I just wish that more people around here would do that as I think too many newbees that are not informed about motorcycles and the buddy etiquete (wave, we are all the same, for the love of 2 wheels).

So far had too much work but will ask a buddy to get me going on the picture posting thing so I can post pics as well. Sorry, don't have any yet of the Versys, too new and already has some farkles :D. When I get a nice pic by the roadside ocean view in El Salvador, will post, nice place; have a pic of another bike but don't want to wonder off the essence here.

Cheers and sounds like you are heading toward a world of bliss with the 2 new rides. Enjoy

Frank

·
Registered
164 Posts
I purchased the galfer S/S lines on ebay for the Versys. Put the front on couple of days ago, they make a difference, more of solid feedback I think. Will be putting the rear on later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts