Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In search for ss brakelines for my 2011 V I'm not seeing any companies really mentioning the 2011 model. It seems some say for 2007-2009, others say for 2010- But none seem to say for 2011. Can anyone tell me if the stock over the fender setup is the same length on my 2011 as, say, a 2009? Cheers!

:thumb:

edit: it appears Venhill has a kit for 2007-2011. Safe to assume that means the specs haven't changed? I'll believe you guys over Venhill...

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
And you should notice that setup has two lines coming down from the master cylinder rather than a line that crosses over the fender. That's a better arrangement. There are some lurid pictures of the aftermath of an object being picked up and wedged between the tire and fender. It ripped off the fender, no problem. The problem came when it snagged the crossover line and stopped the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
And you should notice that setup has two lines coming down from the master cylinder rather than a line that crosses over the fender. That's a better arrangement. There are some lurid pictures of the aftermath of an object being picked up and wedged between the tire and fender. It ripped off the fender, no problem. The problem came when it snagged the crossover line and stopped the front wheel.
That's a good point on Safety. Next mod is to run single line and spilt into two so will not have crossover.:thanx:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The 2009 and 2010/11/12 Versys shares the same front master cylinder part number, so if it fits the 2009, it would fit the 2010/11/12.

BTW, BSS lines are one of the best upgrades for the V. Changes the feel from woody to goodie!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That's a good point on Safety. Next mod is to run single line and spilt into two so will not have crossover.:thanx:

Fasto, I think what bicyclist meant was that the single line that split into 2 is NOT a good solution. You're good already.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
What I meant was spilt into two and not a crossover, just like KAWASAKI GPZ system with a brake line splitter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts