Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a couple issues I'm having on my '14 ABS.

When creeping into my parking spot, or up to a stop light, my rear brake makes a metallic squeak with a slight shudder in the pedal. It only happens when it's slightly depressed, like right when the brake light is activated.

I've removed the caliper and put a thin film of anti-seize on the retaining pin, main pin, and the metal springs which retain the pads. Didn't help, but I didn't apply any to the rear of the pads.

Anyone ever have this issue?

Another noise I'm new to is the clutch basket making a bit of a whirring noise when the bike is in neutral and the clutch lever is let go of. It's just there while I sit at idle. As I pull the lever, it goes away.

The bike does have a slight jump when shifting down into gear, but nothing crazy. Clutch cable adjusted to service specs 2-3mm

My old yamaha seca had zero clutch noise, so maybe I'm just not used to it.

Any ideas on either?

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
I just turn my music up and ride.:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like syncing is pretty easy to do. I have a 4 cylinder manometer, so I'm used to much more frustrating adjustments.

The brake isn't right. I'm going to try removing the rear disk and ensuring all the bolts are torqued correctly, as well as trying some more anti-seize behind the pads.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Looks like syncing is pretty easy to do. I have a 4 cylinder manometer, so I'm used to much more frustrating adjustments.

The brake isn't right. I'm going to try removing the rear disk and ensuring all the bolts are torqued correctly, as well as trying some more anti-seize behind the pads.
I don't think I'd use anti-seize on the back of the pads, wouldn't take much finding it's way to the front and NO brakes! Stop by the auto parts store and get a tube of brake anti squeak/rattle. Just a little will help if that's the right track.

I know my front brake was doing something the same only I could feel it more than hear it. I checked and re-torqued all the bolts holding the calipers, rotors and wheels on and it seems to have fixed it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When creeping into my parking spot, or up to a stop light, my rear brake makes a metallic squeak with a slight shudder in the pedal. It only happens when it's slightly depressed, like right when the brake light is activated.
That's normal. I had the same problem ('13 Versys) and I asked many times to my dealer and they told me the same thing. The reason is pads' are new. They needs some time I guess. Don't worry when the bike will be more than almost 2000 km, the noise will be gone. I know how it makes the noise, just patience.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts