Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where's the best place on the net to find a 16t sprocket ??......no one seems to list a sprocket for a v.......does some other bike fit.........thanks kudzoo.:confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can get a 16t for the Ninja, which fits our Vs, from your Kawasaki dealer. It is PN# 13144-0038. They are about $35.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Redtagmotorsports........ KAWASAKI NINJA 650R 2006 1-325 1 13.25 Teeth = 16
- 2008 SUNSTAR FRONT
COUNTER SHAFT SPROCKET

·
Registered
92 Posts
That Sunstar sprocket does not have the rubber dampening on it, and some have complained of excessive vibration and an audible sound from it. I have not used it or seen it, just offering what I heard about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put the undampened one on my V last Sat. I do have the noise from it - it sounds like the tire whine from a truck. It's not that loud so I'm not worrying about it - I use ear plugs anyway and the wind noise is way louder than the whine.

Regarding the vibration I've found the exact opposite. It seems to have smoothed out the engine vibrations that we typically get between 2800 and 3200 rpm. It's still noticable, but doesn't seem as bad. Maybe just my imagination.

Be sure to read the threads on the tightness of the nut that holds the sprocket on. It's a bear to get off.

So far I really like the 16T sprocket instead of the 15T. Like some others have written, I don't know why Kawi doesn't put a 16 on it stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts