Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would like to know how much does your sprocket kit lasts. That's why I bought a DID kit and after 11.000 Kms, the front sprocket sounds a lot. Please check the pictures I attached and tell me if it's time to change it ...again.
Best,

Eduardo.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yes it is worn out... Get a new Kawasaki OEM front sprocket which has the rubber damper, is quieter, and lasts longer instead, along with a quality x-ring chain.

Which DID chain is that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Invader, exactly this one:

Another question, Is it absolutely necessary to change both sprockets and chain at the same time? I think my rear one is fine

Regards,

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
My opinion - NO. I usually change the front sprocket by itself around 18K miles, then reverse the rear sprocket when I change chains.

I got 53,xxx MILES (LOTS of those were dirt miles...) out of the original chain on my '08, lubed ONLY w/ WD40!

:goodidea:

Read the following from Cycle World:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting doc! Relating to the lub, I use Motul, but reading about WD40 it seems to be amazing, so I'm going to buy and try it.

I'b also be reading several post about gear shifting...probably I'm doing the things in the wrong way..

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Very interesting doc! Relating to the lub, I use Motul, but reading about WD40 it seems to be amazing, so I'm going to buy and try it.

I'b also be reading several post about gear shifting...probably I'm doing the things in the wrong way..
BTW - I buy my WD40 in gallon containers. LESS expensive that way, but it ALSO has more of the WD40, and LESS of the 'carrier'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts