Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick thanks to whomever posted about using jack stands under the foot pegs for lifting the V- it works great! I used that method last Friday when I swapped out the sprocket for the 43T Sunstar. I did run a safety chain through my hard bag mounts and around the rear frame, then to my garage rafter - just in case. However, the bike did not feel unstable on just the jack stands, and I did not have the front wheel secured either.

Also thanks to everyone that posted about the sprockets - it helped me make and informed decision.

Result - I really like the 43T sprocket. First gear is now a "useable" gear - I don't have to shift ten feet through every intersection either - get's up to about 21-22 before shifting is needed. Top end is better also - cruises at around 4400 rpm for 60mph.

Nice forum here - a lot of helpful people.

Next will be new tires - trying to decide between Distanzias, Pirelli MT60s or Scorpion Trails. Leaning towards the scorpions right now.

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
there is just great information here. And, help is usually just a question away. Members of this forum are top notch, imo.

Welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts