Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a deal site said BB had the current Spot Satellite GPS Messenger for $80, I pulled the trigger. It came today and I activated it for a 1 year basic service plus the GEOS rescue.

I configured

the OK button to email the Mrs and me my location and say A-OK.

the custom button to email me my location

the non-emergency help button to email the Mrs and my bro and to text the Mrs.

I setup the SOS button with my 2 emergency contacts.

I went outside and turned it on and hit the OK button and waited until the message-sent light lit. Then I hit the Custom button and waited for the light.

When I came inside the Mrs and I each had email with a clickable location.

The Mrs said I should strap it to me instead of the bike, but I plan to use the RAM Mount holder.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice!
Can you post some pictures and a link (where did you buy it) please?

thx

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Mrs said I should strap it to me instead of the bike, but I plan to use the RAM Mount holder.
She has the right idea. You could be separated from the bike in an ...um... incident and be unable to reach the button. If it's on you, you have a better chance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
...it won't work in your tank or saddlebags.
This is actually incorrect. I believe they say this, so as to ensure people place them in a position that facilitates them functioning properly - vice underneath a toolbag or some other retarded place.

However, I used one throughout a six month trip last year, and primarily kept in in my top box (facing up). I also occasionally placed it in the upper portion of my hard sidecases, and it never failed to track as a result of these placements. It did seem to miss a few tracks when I was in some canyon-like geography.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts