Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 9,800 miles on the factory tires and they are looking like I could go another 2,000. They are a Dunlop Sportmax set and I really like the grip they have, even in the rain. I have never had a set of tires last this long so my question is, has anyone else here been getting the same kind of mileage on these tires? I'm hoping I didn't get a secret set that escaped the factory of something.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
James4b, I just wore my down and replaced it after 9000 km. I had 4100 km on it before I took it to Dawson City YT and Skagway Ak this august.The chip seal wore it down to the point that it would not hold air. I replaced the rear with a Michelin Annexy(SP) 2. The Sportmax was a nice sport tire,soft and held well in the rain,it just wasn't a match for the northern roads. If you are going to travel on the northern roads I would suggest something that wears well and offers high milage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way brother, I live on Maui. I need more of a warm weather/wet tire. I see that they have come out with the Sportmax II tires with the variable compounds. I'm thinking that if the standard Sportmax is already a decent tire then the Sportmax II might be even better with higer nileage due to the harder middle compound. If I can always get 10,000 miles on a set of tires that grip well then I will be happy.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
I have 9,800 miles on the factory tires and they are looking like I could go another 2,000. They are a Dunlop Sportmax set and I really like the grip they have, even in the rain. I have never had a set of tires last this long so my question is, has anyone else here been getting the same kind of mileage on these tires? I'm hoping I didn't get a secret set that escaped the factory of something.
IF I remember correctly (and I can check in late-October) I got 10,000 miles on the OEM Dunlop rear, and 11,500 on the front, on my '08.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I replaced my OEM tires at 8500 or so with quite a bit of tread remaining. The front looked almost new from a treadwear perspective, but there was more tread separation than I was comfortable with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts