Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test rode a 2015 Versys 650LT today. I liked the bike overall, but would like to have just a bit more sporty riding position that is not so upright. Has anyone tried any aftermarket handlebars on the Versys that are just a bit lower, maybe just an inch or two? The only other thing that bothered me was that I felt a bit close to the bars. I tried a couple times to scoot my butt back just a bit, but the step in the seat prevented me from being able to do so. I'm not tall, at 5'10", but I did feel a bit crowded forward. Would an aftermarket seat solve this? i.e. Sargent, Corbin?

Getting pretty close to making a move. I'm also considering the Yamaha FZ6R. No bags, but a really nice bike,riding position, and engine. I can always add some panniers.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Test rode a 2015 Versys 650LT today. I liked the bike overall, but would like to have just a bit more sporty riding position that is not so upright. Has anyone tried any aftermarket handlebars on the Versys that are just a bit lower, maybe just an inch or two? The only other thing that bothered me was that I felt a bit close to the bars. I tried a couple times to scoot my butt back just a bit, but the step in the seat prevented me from being able to do so. I'm not tall, at 5'10", but I did feel a bit crowded forward. Would an aftermarket seat solve this? i.e. Sargent, Corbin?

Getting pretty close to making a move. I'm also considering the Yamaha FZ6R. No bags, but a really nice bike,riding position, and engine. I can always add some panniers.
The OEM seat does slide your "man parts" into the tank too often. There are many aftermarket seat options that fix that. Seat Concepts, Corbin, Seargent, among others. Some have added spacers or a washer stack to the front seat tab mounting bolts to achieve the same results.
As for shorter bars, It's an upright bike that is meant to be ridden as such. If you want a sportier crouched riding position, buy a Ninja.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM seat does slide your "man parts" into the tank too often. There are many aftermarket seat options that fix that. Seat Concepts, Corbin, Seargent, among others. Some have added spacers or a washer stack to the front seat tab mounting bolts to achieve the same results.
As for shorter bars, It's an upright bike that is meant to be ridden as such. If you want a sportier crouched riding position, buy a Ninja.
If I wanted a Ninja, I'd buy a Ninja. There's a lot more to a riding position than the bars. I'm just looking for a bit lower bars.

Regarding the seat, I didn't feel I was sliding forward, just seated too close overall.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

If I wanted a Ninja, I'd buy a Ninja. There's a lot more to a riding position than the bars. I'm just looking for a bit lower bars.

Regarding the seat, I didn't feel I was sliding forward, just seated too close overall.
Move the bars forward a little would help with the "cramped" position and also may help you to lean forward a little so may feel like they are lowered?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts