Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for spool sliders as I think it looks a lot easier to lift the front and rear off those instead of parts of the bike.

Anyone have any, if so, what did you get?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Swing arm bobbins with a paddock stand are what is usually used for the back and I'm sold on my T Rex front stand for the front.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
you can get a paddock stand that lifts by the fork bottoms or you can get a stand that lifts by the triple tree.

If plan on servicing your forks you will need the triple tree stand or hang from the ceiling some way. If by some misfortune I won't be riding for more than a couple days I like the bike off the tires anyway.

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
Ive been looking for spool sliders as I think it looks a lot easier to lift the front and rear off those instead of parts of the bike....
Inexpensive Chinese ones from Ebay, but I would NOT recommend "sliders". MOTORCYCLIST had one of their 'garage' videos saying that sliders increase the chance that something will 'catch', causing your bike to flip.

Swing arm bobbins with a paddock stand are what is usually used for the back and I'm sold on my T Rex front stand for the front.
Me TOO! Under the forks to lift, or the 'triple-tree' piece for changing tires....

and w/ OTHER things to do MASSIVE jobs....

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i have a first gen so i just threw some 10mm bolts i had from an old honda in the spool holes and it works great with my cheap HF rear stand

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
i have a first gen so i just threw some 10mm bolts i had from an old honda in the spool holes and it works great with my cheap HF rear stand
And I used some 8mm bolts I had on my '15 until I received the spools from China.

:thumb: - :thumb:

Look closely at these pics, and you can see them.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
+1 re harbor freight rear stand. mine's aluminum, yes it bends, but it's never broke in 10 years use.
same here . ive got the same one fast ed has in the pics above.. did very minor modding to it and ive never had an issue with it . even with sitting on the bike wail on it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I used some 8mm bolts I had on my '15 until I received the spools from China.

Look closely at these pics, and you can see them.

Eddie, where is that triple tree stand from?

On the 2015 1K, not sure how one could prop up the front to take weight off the front wheel.

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
same here . ive got the same one fast ed has in the pics above.. did very minor modding to it and ive never had an issue with it . even with sitting on the bike wail on it
I've replaced the HF stand w/ a rear TREX one, which does NOT bend (or move!)

Eddie, where is that triple tree stand from?

On the 2015 1K, not sure how one could prop up the front to take weight off the front wheel.
It's a TREX stand w/ the triple-tree (EXTRA) piece. W/out that, you lift from the BOTTOM of your forks, so the wheel's OFF the ground.

W/ the triple-tree piece attached it's UP, and you CAN remove the wheel.

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
BTW - IF any of you think that the TREX stands are expensive - I have COMPLETE sets in both AZ and BC!

>:)
na ill pass i still like my HF one, hasnt let me down and ive lifted close to if not over 100 bikes and never had an issue (other then a rebel 250 due to were the mufflers are). even lifting bikes that have no spools just lifting them from the swing arm

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
They only seem expensive until something fails

I used a TREX front w/ a HF rear in Canada, until the view of the HF stand slowly moving the sides from near-vertical, to "NOT near-vertical" scared me into spending the $ for the TREX rear. MUCH more sturdy. I SOLD the HF stand...!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts