Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
The stock windscreen on 2015 is too loud for me so I bought Givi touring screen but that is loud too in higher speeds. I have found that the best option for me is no screen. But I do not want to leave the back of the dashboard exposed so I am looking for tiny screen / spoiler that I could put to the front.

Does anybody know if someone makes something like that already?

I was thinkking about making it out of a piece of aluminium sheet and painting it but I'd rather buy it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. I have a 2013 model and i am 5 feet 11.5 inches tall. The stock screen was not good for me. Purchased the power bronze flip touring screen although wind buffeting was not completely gone, the wind noise increased. I then experimented with a Wunderlich wind deflector bought it used. Here is a pic.

Wunderlich make stuff BMW specific, however this should fit most windscreens. Not sure about 15 Versys.

This has considerably reduced both wind noise and buffeting. The wind deflector can be adjusted in many positions. I have observed that wind deflector is heavier than the power bronze screen. Hence the wellnuts do get loose. I keep checking them.

You may look at this as an option. Another option already suggested is the Vario or you can get the windscreen with the spoiler MRA Vario :goodluck:

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I cut my 2011 stock screen down to just cover the gauges and it was too noisy for me. I just run without and assume the gauges are waterproof just like on naked bikes. I figure it beats going deaf, even with ear plugs in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm happy to say I fixed the noise and buffeting issues with my 2015. I put some spacers underneath the front of the windshield mount brackets which angled the screen considerably and puts it closer to you. I had to use some longer bolts in the front holes where the spacers are. It also allows more flow underneath the screen which is needed to stop the buffeting. I can run the stock screen or the Calsci short tinted screen I bought which is about 3 inches taller and a little wider. There still is some noise but it's reduced by at least 50% and no buffeting at all. I wear earplugs all the time anyway and it's a much nicer ride now. I went through the whole process of buying other screens and made a few with my 09 and I ended up making a cowling cover like you are thinking of. I wish I had done this back then to my 09 as one of the reasons I bought the Versys was for some wind protection.:thumb::D

Reactions: Jim Nazium
1 - 6 of 6 Posts