Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give yet another shout-out to the Speedy's Flatfoot. This little gadget is perfect for the stock kick stand.

I know it may be a bit more involved if the lowering kit is installed already (different product is available for that application), but for the standard setup - install was a breeze.

Really helps with the confidence when putting the bike down on uneven/rough ground. Also, getting the foot on the kick stand is easier because of a larger surface area to catch - so all around, this little gem is worth it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just wanted to give yet another shout-out to the Speedy's Flatfoot. This little gadget is perfect for the stock kick stand.

I know it may be a bit more involved if the lowering kit is installed already (different product is available for that application), but for the standard setup - install was a breeze.

Really helps with the confidence when putting the bike down on uneven/rough ground. Also, getting the foot on the kick stand is easier because of a larger surface area to catch - so all around, this little gem is worth it!
Did you use the L shaped extender that they recommended? Did you find that it was needed?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did use the L shaped racket. It came with the kit I bought from a member here - so I can't really say whether it helped of not. I never had it instated without it.

I will say I like finding the stand easier - and I think the bracket. An only help with that. My fort used to want to get caught on the footpeg easier.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I concur.
I did not order the L bracket for my 2011 and the Flatfoot by itself worked just fine for me.
Thanks Goat and Genehil -- I questioned it because I am not a fan of taking a drill to any part of my bike :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just ordered one of these yesterday for my 2011, glad to hear the L shaped bracket isn't necessary. I too paid the $5 to get it, but didn't want to be drilling anything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a general rule, I can understand not wanting to drill anything on the bike, but if you guys find that you would prefer the extra throw the L bracket provides, I can vouch for the ease of drilling this part of the kick stand stop.

The stop itself is just a "nub" that juts toward the back of the bike, but is quite thick for the purpose, so can withstand the drill. I made sure to use a lubricant while drilling, so that I didn't need to push very hard against the bike (and the nub) to get the hole through clean.

I am sure either way this add-on is well worth the price of admission...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had to use the L bracket on mine due to the fact my bike was lowered by using a ninja rear shock.
Man, I spent all last night reading about installing an R1 shock onto the V. Now you're telling me that a Ninja shock firs as well???:teetertooter:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Man, I spent all last night reading about installing an R1 shock onto the V. Now you're telling me that a Ninja shock firs as well???:teetertooter:
The previous owner put the ninja shock on to lower bike but he was ripped off by the bike shop as it cost him $1300 NZ and the ninja shock is inferior to the versys shock.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does the flatfoot fit a little loosely on the orignal kickstand foot or is it suppose to be snug?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts