Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add Speedy's peg lowering kit but I wonder how it affects the brake and shift levers. The brake lever right now is quite low anyways (it seems I really have to tilt my foot down to apply the brakes) so that probably won't be an issue but the shift lever is in the perfect position for my liking right now and dropping the peg another inch or so is quite a bit. It doesn't look to me like the shift lever is adjustable like others that I have had where it is attached to a splined shaft and could easily be taken off and re-positioned. Do these two levers have any adjustment or are they usually okay after lowering the pegs? Any input is appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Great minds...LOL!

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Did you pre adjust the brake lever linkage as instructed by Speedy, or did you leave it as stock, and it did not need any adjustments?:confused: After installing the lowering peg brackets?
:thanx:

Same for me. I had to adjust the shifter - simple to do. the Brake lever was fine for me after the lowering peg install.

That was 18,000 miles ago! Still love 'em!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't forget to check the brake switch when you adjust the rear pedal, that needs to be adjusted to to insure it's not on all the time ( ask me how I know ) :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I just adjusted the shifter, like the others have said the brake lever seemed low originally, with the lower pegs it felt right with no adjustments.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My brake lever was in the stock position. Installed the lowering kit. Brake lever now where it should have been.

IMHO the brake lever setup in the stock position is for a much more leaned forward body position which is not what the Versys has.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn't move the brake pedal on my 2010, but now I've done a few hundred miles after fitting the lowering kit it seems fine

·
Registered
416 Posts
I didn't readjust the brake pedal after installing the lowering brackets. The brake pedal position is a lot better than from the factory and may be perfect. I would first try the brake pedal after the installation before going to the trouble of adjusting prior to riding.
I did adjust the shift lever to get the same relationship with the foot peg as before the install, very easy to do.

·
Registered
643 Posts
At 6' 3", my foot is tilted down more than most. I had to adjust both levers, brake is at the limit of adjustment.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I didn't readjust the brake pedal after installing the lowering brackets. The brake pedal position is a lot better than from the factory and may be perfect. I would first try the brake pedal after the installation before going to the trouble of adjusting prior to riding.
I did adjust the shift lever to get the same relationship with the foot peg as before the install, very easy to do.
I'm 6' 2" and I found that the brake pedal was a lot more comfortable,
responsive, and easier to modulate after I installed the lowering brackets. No brake pedal adjustment needed after installation. :interesting:
Maybe this is because I also have a taller seat, so a lot more leg room.

·
Registered
120 Posts
At 6' 3", my foot is tilted down more than most. I had to adjust both levers, brake is at the limit of adjustment.
Hey - I just installed the motowerk lowering pegs and the brake pedal feels off-center not really too high? I just printed speedy's 9 page instructions which do a good job of explaining the shift linkage adjustment on the left, BUT the brake side has me stumped!
"Remove 4 allen bolts then 12mm plunger etc. forbrake switch light- turn whole assembly clockwise"??? How does this affect brake pedal?? Nothing seems to be about pedal position, they just want to make sure brake light isn't constantly on?? PLEASE school me :(

:sleeping:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts