Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it installed...I went with the RAM ball mounting option with some rubber washers to reduce vibration. The quality of the mount and the workmanship is outstanding. Did a little ride through the mountains to test her out. It's perfect. Here she is:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Graham,

This is exactly the type setup I"ve been looking for. I've got the Vario windshield as well. Can you tell me the item #'s of the components? Is Speedy's a web source? I've been unable to locate the setup you have on line.

I've seen handlebar mounts, dash mounts, etc., but your setup fits the bill nicely. Having the unit directly ahead in the open expanse under the windshield is just the ticket. I'm sure it works great for you!

Also, what GPS unit are you mounting to it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Graham,

This is exactly the type setup I"ve been looking for. I've got the Vario windshield as well. Can you tell me the item #'s of the components? Is Speedy's a web source? I've been unable to locate the setup you have on line.

I've seen handlebar mounts, dash mounts, etc., but your setup fits the bill nicely. Having the unit directly ahead in the open expanse under the windshield is just the ticket. I'm sure it works great for you!

Also, what GPS unit are you mounting to it?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Speedy Gonzalez is a board members name here. He makes the mount. The Unit I have is a Garmin ZUMO 550. The unit comes with a RAM mount on the cradle and I added one to the Speedy's GPS mount. This one:

http://products.ram-mount.com/rammount/productdetail.aspx?partnumber=RAM-B-202U

and a 2" arm. That's all it takes! Here is a link to the info on Speedy's GPS mount:

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=374

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you see to the left it is a 12-V BMW style outlet. I ran it to the battery and just plug into my GPS. I did put a inline fuse in though. I assume you were asking to whoimever, so hope that answered your question.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tank bag.

Hi guys,
Sorry to be off the subject, but I noticed that both of you have nice tank bags. Are you happy with your choices? Do any of the bags have a clear view window for notes or such? From the photo, it looks to me that the Joe Rocket Manta fits the Versys’ tank a little better. Am I correct with that assumption?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys,
Sorry to be off the subject, but I noticed that both of you have nice tank bags. Are you happy with your choices? Do any of the bags have a clear view window for notes or such? From the photo, it looks to me that the Joe Rocket Manta fits the Versys’ tank a little better. Am I correct with that assumption?
The Manta is a good fit. It has a small cell phone pocket on top with a clear window that is maybe 2"X3". I keep my garage door opener in it so I can see the button.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That is the one I use as well! They are great!:yeahsmile:
Hunting1 - I have the same GPS, too! I need to get that mount you are using - I was using the Garmin handlebar mount and that got in the way with my new tank bag.

I'm using the Bags Connection - Engage and it has rigid side walls. When the handlebars are turned full is where I have the problem.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi guys,
Thread Jack! :D

Speedy - I just bought the Bags Connection - Engage from Twisted Throttle. It uses the SW-Motech gas cap connection to secure the bag to the bike. I used it this weekend and it worked out great. No worries about the bag scratching the tank - the bag doesn't come in contact with it at all. It's a quality bag with lots of features.

Click here for a link to my posting on the bag - it's the last posting on the page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts