Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed speedy's anti vib riser

My questions is
With every thing installed and tight using locktite. How much movement is normal when rocking the bars left and right?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I just tried installing speedy's anti vib riser. I bought it second hand so have no instructions.

I had to seperate the two hafls in order to be able to secure the bottom half to the stock cast riser using the suplied countersunk screws. I noticed when I split the two halfs that the four screws that hold the top and bottom half together thred into the bottom half then have nuts on the underside of the bottom half. these nuts all came off on re install. I disassembled again and crazy glued the nuts back on.

On the second install attempt I know that at least one nut broke free again but i believe it is still on the screw.

My questions are
1. how critical are these nuts?
2. With every thing installed and tight using locktite. How much movement is normal when rocking the bars left and right?
3. If it is crucial for the nuts all to be on and tightened right up. How did you do it?

You need to e-mail speedy........https://www.motowerk.com/Contact_Us.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anti vib riser

Thanks for the email link. I have everything secure now and founfd the instructions on his sight but will email him anyway. The only real question I have now is concerning any movement in the bars when rocking them left and right.

Any response would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Thanks for the email link. I have everything secure now and founfd the instructions on his sight but will email him anyway. The only real question I have now is concerning any movement in the bars when rocking them left and right.

Any response would be appreciated.
There is a gap and the bars do rock back and forth. I will take photos of mine tomorrow and post for you. Its to dark now.

Joseph

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Thank you. I will check for your pictures tomorrow. I have also emailed speedy for input.

Good Deal.. Its sounds like your okay but speedy will know for sure.:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much. The video shows the same amount of movement that I am seeing. Any chance you could tell me the gap measurement when not flexing, just sitting static?

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
any chance you were able to measure the gap for me?
It'll be tomorrow. I had to take my buddy to have his bandages changed. So i was tied up for awhile.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Thanks, I've been considering this as one of the things I will do to my bike when our money situation improves.
It doesn't affect the bike in anyway but gets rid of most of the vibes. I'm in the twisty stuff all the time and no issues. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Got it all back together and went for a ride. Definately has reduced vibrations. I can actualy now see something in the mirrors.

Weljo, thanks for your input with the measurements.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Got it all back together and went for a ride. Definately has reduced vibrations. I can actualy now see something in the mirrors.

Weljo, thanks for your input with the measurements.

Anytime!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts