Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Speedy’s lowering foot peg blocks in lieu of having your seat modded, if so, did it help resolve your seat issue? I’m thinking about trying these lowering pegs before I spend a fortune on a seat mod.:feedback:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got 'em

I'm using them and I don't feel like I need a seat mod. Also helped my knees to bend at less of a severe angle. Made the ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They are a great mod but likely won't cure whatever seat issues you're having. For me, the lowering blocks as well as some minor seat cushion surgery gives me a 2-3 hour range with little or no discomfort. Biggest problem with the stock seat is the forward slope and the elevated "tailbone" area. The foam density itself is not perfect, but it is adequate if you are comfortable shaping it correctly.

For more details on how I shaped mine, look at post #13 and #17 in the thread below:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14698

Hope this helps.

-Eric

·
Registered
665 Posts
The peg lowering is step 1. Seat mods are an easy DIY project. I read through all the seat mod threads on here then went after the seat with a serrated knife, Dremel with a large wire wheel and a file card (wire brush with short "bristles" for cleaning files which makes a really nice smoothing tool.

Dropped 1.5" out of the pillion section (tapered from 1.5" back at the top back down to the driver portion) then added foam camp pad under the front section. Seat feels sooo much better. If the weather would cooperate I'd take it on a long road test. But currently it is snowing. :(

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Got the lowering blocks and a baldwin tall seat. much better on my knees and legs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like the stock seat but have to say the blocks made the bike better for longer rides. No more stretching out my legs one at a time while I ride.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone tried Speedy’s lowering foot peg blocks in lieu of having your seat modded, if so, did it help resolve your seat issue? I’m thinking about trying these lowering pegs before I spend a fortune on a seat mod.:feedback:
Also, those that have used the lowering foot peg blocks, did you have to adjust the shifter and brake pedals?:type:

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
I had to adjust both.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you want to try them out, I have them on my bike. PM me and we can meet up someplace and you can take it for a ride.

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
Try the block first and let some time for the seat to fall in. You might like the stock seat.

Otherwise some MOD on the seat is a cheap way.

:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried the lowering blocks and decided to return to the original configuration. For me it is more comfortable. The riding position feels more natural to me without the lowering blocks and the seat also feels more comfortable. I theorize that the lowering blocks change the weight distribution on my butt and may also result in more of my weight being on my butt and less on my feet...or I could just be imagining it.
I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and 45 years old...not with great knees.

Seems like I am the oddball with respect to the blocks, as most people seem to love them.

I will make a good deal on the lowering blocks if anyone is interested (say $20 plus shipping).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts