Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which wire to interrupt on a 2019 with ABS, to connect SpeedoDRD? SpeedoDRD works the same as Speedohealer. Speedohealer site shows a diagram for non-ABS. I found green/red at the ABS computer, but the result is speedometer is dead with a code. I am tempted to use the white wire off the rear sensor next. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2022 Versys X 300
75 Posts
I don't know but I suspect you're on the right track. Most ABS sensors are three wires - red, white, black - with the white being the hall effect signal. You can meter out the wiring to determine power and ground and then spin the wheel to see the pulses on the signal wire.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Does anybody know which wire to interrupt on a 2019 with ABS, to connect SpeedoDRD? SpeedoDRD works the same as Speedohealer. Speedohealer site shows a diagram for non-ABS. I found green/red at the ABS computer, but the result is speedometer is dead with a code. I am tempted to use the white wire off the rear sensor next. Thanks.
There are other X300 owners that have tapped into the white wire at the connector (near the main harness on the right side of the bike tank/side panel) and extended it up to a switch and that is how the ABS is disabled. Here is the video of the X300 owner that is pointing right at the white wire. He has a 3 part video on the wiring he is doing on this X300. He must be an engineer for all the wiring changes he is doing. LINK:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know but I suspect you're on the right track. Most ABS sensors are three wires - red, white, black - with the white being the hall effect signal. You can meter out the wiring to determine power and ground and then spin the wheel to see the pulses on the signal wire.

These bikes have two-wire sensors, which means use hard-wire instead of the usual plug and play for other bikes with 3 wire sensors. I will meter out as you suggest. I bet the white wire is signal, but hope it is the right signal format to be read by the SpeedoDRD clock. Thanks Dave.

·
Premium Member
2022 Versys X 300
75 Posts
These bikes have two-wire sensors, which means use hard-wire instead of the usual plug and play for other bikes with 3 wire sensors. I will meter out as you suggest. I bet the white wire is signal, but hope it is the right signal format to be read by the SpeedoDRD clock. Thanks Dave.
How far off is your speedo? Did you fit a non-OEM size rear tire?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I remembered where I saw the ABS wires and their location and video. The link is a X300 owner that has a 3 part wiring videos dated back in 2018 (he must be an engineer for what he is doing the his bike's wiring harnesses). In the picture he is pointing right to the white wire that is located on the right side of the bike under the tank.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Post 15,712, page 786 on the adv rider versys 300 string, mentions the pink wire to speedo from ecu is the speedo signal input. So the ecu under the rear seat has two pink wires. Button up the rear and remove the front of bike. Ran out of time but got the new headlight, the Kawasaki relay and a dual usb power plug with digital volt readout installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used SpeedoDRD on a previous bike I had, and it worked very nicely. For my VX300, I tried using the Shinko 705 140/80-17 tire for the rear, which is just a bit bigger than OEM size, and it makes the speedometer nearly spot-on - it is within 1 mph at 70mph speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts