Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H i, My Speedometer toggle button has stopped working & called kawasaki customer service to see if there is a fix. They have never heard of this before. Does anyone know if three is an aftermarket tripometer that could be added on or an aftermarket Speedo that fits in the console.

I am not trying to start an oil debate "but" I tried Maxum4 50/50 Synthetic blend. I really like that it is made with esters so you get the oil migration at $3.00 less a quart than full synthetic.

Also gas is going up quickly my fuel light started flashing on then freeway today, I haven't bought gas in a couple of weeks & was surprised to see mid grade gas has to gone up to $3.75 a gallon at downtown San Diego Shell Station. I am interested to hear what others are paying in their towns.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
H i, My Speedometer toggle button has stopped working & called kawasaki customer service to see if there is a fix. They have never heard of this before. Does anyone know if three is an aftermarket tripometer that could be added on or an aftermarket Speedo that fits in the console.
Yes there is a fix. Kawasaki will replace the entire instrument cluster under warranty. This is not something they never heard of.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it's not covered under warranty you can easily fix it yourself. It requires removing the gauge assembly, removing the faceplate and spraying the 2 contact switches with cleaner. You need to remove the fairings and headlight bucket to remove the gauge, very easy task.

BTW, we live in the same 'hood.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks for the info, Warrant is up so I will give it a shot myself. I had no idea what everyone is paying for gas next time my buddies are complaining I am going to drag this post out. Great a neighbor, a small world. Traffic on the road seems to be down I am guessing it is the gas prices

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts
thanks for the info, Warrant is up so I will give it a shot myself. I had no idea what everyone is paying for gas next time my buddies are complaining I am going to drag this post out. Great a neighbor, a small world. Traffic on the road seems to be down I am guessing it is the gas prices
THAT'S what you get for living in Kalifornia! Here, next door in AZ, it's $2.79 in Tucson, and $2.83 in Phoenix area! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Just to give a actual cost of a trip here, planning on doing around 1700 km fri to sun, I work on 20km per litre which means i will use 85 litres * $2.05 = $174.25 NZ or $132.59 US.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Midgrade is 122.4 per liter here right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts