Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
What does it do for $99 and why would anybody be worried? if the speedo is faster you won't get a ticket.
Really worried? Use the $99 towards the purchase of a cheap GPS.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Like Gustavo, I went with the 16tooth, speedo is then almost 100% accurate.

Only downside your odometer now slightly over reads, so you think your mpg has gone down, but its actually gone up, if you can follow that.

Big plus is getting calming down the admittedly minor buzz at freeway speeds.

FYI, if you go with a 16tooth, you'll need to borrow/use a breaker bar or impact wrench to get the drive nut off. Most of them were put on by a gorilla with a faulty torque wrench.

Machog

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been on the fence for a while about the 43t sprocket. I may do that. But, was wondering how the speedo tune worked. I know that some people keep the speedo higher than the actual speed prevents you from speeding. But, that makes no sense to me. It's like setting your watch 5 minutes ahead so you're not late. But, you know it's set ahead by 5 minutes so... what's the point? Why not just know the speed you are going? I suppose the 43t would be cheaper and nicer ride experience than the electronic upgrade?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You can't actually "keep the speedo higher", it comes that way from the factory and you have no option. Other than a 45 rear or 16 front tooth sprocket you can't do anything about it, as has been said.

Its common to nearly all bikes to over read speed, some say its because manufacturers are worried about liability?

If you are that concerned about your speed being accurate, go for a digital bicycle computer-cheap and very accurate once you have them dialed in. But you must use the wired type.

With newer wireless ones, there is too much electrical interference to make them work correctly.

Keep it simple and do the front or rear sprocket.

Machog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts