Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the types of trips that I've been taking having a 10% error when above 100MPH can really add some variance to how long it should take me vs how long it did.

I found one for a 'xx-'13 V, can anyone confirm that the related bits are still the same?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Or, you could change out the rear sprocket to, iirc, 44 teeth. Then the speedo is accurate but the odometer is off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can do a rear sprocket, chain is being replaced anyways.

I don't know about any speedo boxes, just the one I randomly found on amazon and looked at before deciding it was better to ask questions here.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Like sig said you can do the rear sprocket change or you could call 12 o'clock. I have one for my 2008 , I have not tried it on my 2015
yet.Sorry I could not help more.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
On the types of trips that I've been taking having a 10% error when above 100MPH can really add some variance to how long it should take me vs how long it did....
I found the speedo on MY '15 to be MORE accurate than on my '08 and '09 (6.5% vs 7%) compared w/ my GPS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On my 2014 Green, I went for a ride the other day with my TomTom GPS plugged in to check speedo accuracy.
I was surprised to see that at 70 mph on speedo, GPS was 68.
65 speedo- GPS 63; 60 speedo- GPS 59; 55 speedo- 54 GPS. A lot closer than I expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts