Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has the instructions for the lowering kit and would post them or PM them to me I would be very grateful. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks, Brent

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Also, I did this two weeks ago and even though I'm almost 6' with longer legs, it has really made a positive difference in handling, and being able to flat-foot regardless of road camber is great.

The main tip I'd pass on for install is to make double triple sure the bike's secure from tip-over. I beefed up a rafter in my garage temporarily with some 2x4 legs and roped both grab handles once I had it lifted off the rear spools, and that worked. Of course, if you have a nice moto lift, different story...but I got a McGuyver car jack. Also, as Capn Kirk and others have mentioned in other threads, don't forget to adjust the chain once the bike is sitting back down, and drop the front forks to even out the handling. All guidance is on the Motowerks site, and there's helpful hints in this forum if you search. Although some have done the job in a half-hour, block out a few hours so you're not rushed. Good luck and enjoy - it's a great mod, along with lowering the pegs and putting the flatfoot on the kickstand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts