Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys use chain wax to lube your chain? I use it on my xr,and it sticks to the chaine very well....It doesn't sling it all over everything like some lubes do.......I have been useing it on the v for a week now and it hasn't locked up yet......
Hoodlum

·
Registered
748 Posts
Any of you guys use chain wax to lube your chain? I use it on my xr,and it sticks to the chaine very well....It doesn't sling it all over everything like some lubes do.......I have been useing it on the v for a week now and it hasn't locked up yet......
Hoodlum
Been using maxima chain wax for years on my dirt and street bikes .

·
Registered
582 Posts
Using the Blue can from Lowes. Works great!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use Maxima Chain Wax. It is also said to be a cable lube, so it kills two birds with one stone. It's like cosmoline, extremely flammable and water proofs your hands.

That's how you know it works: it's ability to catch fire and the inability to remove it from your hands.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use Maxima Chain Wax. It is also said to be a cable lube, so it kills two birds with one stone. It's like cosmoline, extremely flammable and water proofs your hands.

That's how you know it works: it's ability to catch fire and the inability to remove it from your hands.
LOL.....Never looked at it that way.....Kinda like naypom in a can.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yup, I am using the Dupont Teflon Chain Lube. Works great. Fairly clean. Apply it once a week, or after a hard rain. I've got 8500 miles on the chain so far, and haven't had to adjust yet. Maybe I'm not riding it hard enough,:p

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm on my 3rd can of the dupont teflon multi-use stuff and have 'bout 10,000k(6000mi.) this season. Can one of you maxima chain wax guys tell me how much of that you approximately go through in a six to seven month period? (Guess it sorta depends on rainfall and other factors too...but?...)
I'd like to change over, it sounds like a better choice...more sticky and less mess!:thanx:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts