Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can I buy a decent spanner wrench for the Versys rear shock.....the stock one is a piece of crap and I am tired of trying to make it work...

Dan

·
Registered
137 Posts
The stock one has bitten me several times.... LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think an adjustable pin spanner would work, but you'd need to find one that fit the right size range. It's probably best to buy one at a local store where you can take the stock wrench for comparison.

I got lucky, in that I had a spanner for the shocks on a different bike that happened to work. It's not an exact fit, but it's just close enough. And I agree, the stock piece is just that, a piece...

The downside of going with adjustable pin spanner is that it appears that they cost at least $30. Kind of expensive. If you know someone with a welder, it might be possible to put a dab on the hook end of the stock wrench to keep it from slipping off the shock. It might also help to cut a little V groove that will allow it to engage with the shock's adjustment collar without slipping.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I spray around and on the shock adjuster before using the spanner. I put spark plug wrench over the handle for comfort and leverage.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had the same problem with the "Busted Knuckles" factory POS. I did a little checking and found the body of the shock is 2.5" and the spanner is 3". Needless to say that's NOT going to work real well. I found a 2.5" flat spanner at Granger, M.S.I. and other places for anywhere from $15.00 to $45.00. HOWEVER being cheap and having to be at work next week on shut down I drew up what I wanted in Pro-E and made a CNC program to cut one on the laser at work, 8g SS should work nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts