Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two messages are spam please delete them....and if you can block the poster.

OR I'll have to send the local H-B bikers after him :)

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
The two messages are spam please delete them....and if you can block the poster.

OR I'll have to send the local H-B bikers after him :)
Time - I don't see any way for spammers to be "blocked", as EVERYONE has a one-shot "freebie" into this forum via the two-posting rule.... (SURE be nice IF they could....):censored:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blocking by IP poses a problem since many ISP's rotate their addresses and very few people actually hold onto their address for long.
So if you block by IP you'll not be blocking the actual target for long (if the person cares it's trivial to get a new IP from your ISP) and then someone else will get that IP and be blocked.
Blocking by IP, is usually a last ditch effort to stop someone, blocking by IP range is an even more desperate tactic.
One that can then be foiled by just going through a proxy.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I ask, didn't think about that.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Blocking by IP poses a problem since many ISP's rotate their addresses and very few people actually hold onto their address for long.
So if you block by IP you'll not be blocking the actual target for long (if the person cares it's trivial to get a new IP from your ISP) and then someone else will get that IP and be blocked.
Blocking by IP, is usually a last ditch effort to stop someone, blocking by IP range is an even more desperate tactic.
One that can then be foiled by just going through a proxy.
If they use a portable device, they could just go to any of the establishments offering a wifi hotspot to bypass the ip ban.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts