Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my v in nov. 07 last two bikes have been cruzers, rode dirt/motocross for years so i was atracted to this bike turn 50 this summer but on my v i'am 20 again.

·
Registered
'15 FJR1300A
13 Posts
Where ya from Cooter? I live in Kokomo, but ride in southern IN a lot. All of the roads are straight up here.:(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Cooter! I'm in southern Illinois, about 40 minutes north (on I-24) of Paducah, Kentucky. I'm waiting for my new Versys to arrive - and saying "Farewell!" to my KLR 650, which is finding a good home with my son and daughter-in-law.

My first dirt bike was a Hodaka Ace 100 . . . and every time I get on a tall dualsport (which is how I'm treating the Versys, with primary emphasis on riding roads instead of trails) I feel like a teenager again! I just have to remind myself that I no longer have a kid's limberness, reaction times or ability to heal quickly!!!

Enjoy your Versys!

Peace,
Kevin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey blchandl2 i live near bloomington great riding from hear to the ohio river on the backroads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey elllvis I go camping and trailriding [horses] at shawnee often near herrod, eddyville great country, the versys is a great bike if you have dirt experence you will feel right at home.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shawnee Forest Trailrides and Horses

Hey, Cooter!

Glad to hear that you get to see the beautiful country down here on horseback. As you already know, but others may not, the Shawnee National Forest has some of the most beautiful riding and hiking country in the USA!

I have only one problem with horses - and, actually, it's MY problem, not the horses' problem: those big steaming piles of horse manure! When I'm hiking or hunting, they aren't a problem. Easy to just step over or around them - or, if I want a good cover scent on some rubber boots, to just stomp through 'em! If the pile has been freshly deposited on an asphalt road, however, and especially if it's been plopped down on a hot summer day just behind the crest of a hill or around a bend, then it's almost certainly going to the cause of (as the Brits say it) "a spectacular get-off" by an unsuspecting motorcyclist. There's almost nothing in nature - not oil slicks, not teflon, not ice - that's slicker than a fresh frosting of horse s**t on a hot road!!!

So, please, if any of y'all are horse lovers, please keep the critters on the shoulder of the road . . . or circle back and kick those "horse apples" off the tarmac before your Versys-riding buddies come along! Please Help Prevent Horse-Related High-Sides!!!!! :eek:

Peace,
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.