Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woody's is OUT! :surprise: I just got this reply from them today....
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, at this time, there are no spoked wheel options available. While there were hubs available at one time for this model, the company that was machining them has since gone out of business. We are looking into the possibility of manufacturing hubs in the future, but these bikes haven't generated a whole lot of interest in custom wheels. If you would like, we can keep your info and let you know if we do decide to move forward with making these hubs in the future.

I apologize that we weren't able to be of more help at this time.

Kind regards,

Rachelle
-------
Woody's Wheel Works LLC
2200 S. Jason St.
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 936-0232
www.woodyswheelworks.com

Does anyone know if Excel is still making wheels/hubs for our bikes?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess that answers that!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody?

·
Registered
421 Posts
There is a fellow on the Honda Hawk GT forum that has a machine shop business specializing in custom made motorcycle parts.
Maybe there is a possibility that he could make a set of hubs.

Link to his website:

https://www.wwresto.com/

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Suzuki Vstrom DL650 XT

The Vstrom DL650 XT has spoked wheels.

Would it be complicated to adapt these to your Versys? ... just an idea. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
The Vstrom DL650 XT has spoked wheels.

Would it be complicated to adapt these to your Versys? ... just an idea. :)
MIGHT be an option - I know some guys on ADV Rider adapt VStrom wheels to the Versys, tho' I BELIEVE they use the ones from the 1000cc Strom (axle diameters...?).

·
Registered
114 Posts
My repost from Advrider forums and here on the 19" Wheel Conversion thread:

I contacted Warp 9 Racing to let them know that I was interested in Versys CNC spoke hubs for my two Gen3 Versys. I'd like to have a set of spoked wheels for my dual purpose tires. Especially a 19" front wheel.

I'll keep the stock wheels for road tires for commuting and canyon carving.

Kevin contacted me back via email and said they would like a set of stock wheels to look at. So does anyone have stock wheels to loan out to Warp 9 Racing. I believe they are based in Utah.

So, please if your interested in an option for spoked wheels for the Versys, please contact and let them know that your interested. To show them that there is an interest and demand for them to add a couple new Versys SKUs to the great lineup.

Click their web link Warp 9 Racing 'Contact&Info' page and let them know how much interest there is from the Versys community.

Contact Kevin via email at their Sales & Marketing Dept.: https://www.warp9racing.com/contact-info/

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully they will get enough interest. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my spoked wheels. Especially since I converted them to tubeless!!

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Hopefully they will get enough interest. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my spoked wheels. Especially since I converted them to tubeless!!
Jeff - just curious... which way did you convert your rims?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check out his Garage pictures. He has pics of the wheels before mounting. They're Woody's Wheel Works built wheels on RAD hubs. RAD is out of business. So no source of spoke hubs for the Versys.

We're trying to get Warp 9 Racing to make new CNC hubs for our bike. Please see thread:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...rmance-v-650/17646-19-wheel-conversion-4.html

If you truly want a set of spoked rims or just a 19" spoked front rim. Please contact Warp 9 and/or Woody's to let them know your interested, so that Warp 9 can manufacture hubs for our Versys. Once they get a clear indication that there is enough interested parties to make it worthwhile for them. Info in the thread link I posted above in this post.

Please contact:

Chris = [email protected]

Kevin = [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
I'll try to make it clearer - "Jeff - just curious... which way did you convert your rims to tubeless?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts