Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to what you guys think about this... I am due my 600 mile oil change, when I parked the bike last night from getting home from work I hit 627. I got the oil and filter this morning and just my luck I left it in the trunk of the car that my wife took off in. So, I was thinking about riding into work which will put me at about 670 miles and just doing it there during lunch. Do you think this is too far past the 600 mile service requirement? I work in aviation and everything we do has a window for when service comes due and when it cannot be passed called the DNE (due not exceed). So it seems to me there would be a window for this too. Sorry for posting here but as a newbie this was the only place I could.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nothing to worry about. BTW...enjoy your new V.

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Not to worry, this is not aviation bro and your still down on earth.:D

Should pose no major problem for your V.

:cheers:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not think it would be an issue but as I was researching the forum it seemed most people changed their oil sooner rather than later so I figured why not ask. Better safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
You want to know why we change oil so frequent?

we got nothing better to do, too much free time and changing oil is like rocket science to some of us...:D

wish you and your all the best...

:cheers:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don't listen to these guys. You will void your warranty, your tires will go flat, the engine will blow, and the flux capacitor will probably malfunction.

Or you will be just fine.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was curious as to what you guys think about this... I am due my 600 mile oil change, when I parked the bike last night from getting home from work I hit 627. I got the oil and filter this morning and just my luck I left it in the trunk of the car that my wife took off in. So, I was thinking about riding into work which will put me at about 670 miles and just doing it there during lunch. Do you think this is too far past the 600 mile service requirement? I work in aviation and everything we do has a window for when service comes due and when it cannot be passed called the DNE (due not exceed). So it seems to me there would be a window for this too. Sorry for posting here but as a newbie this was the only place I could.
Just make sure not to exceed VNE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.