Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was practicing leaning my bike in twisties, i guess leaned a tad too far!

Thank God, minor to no injuries sustained but I broke my left foot peg stay (the whole assembly is fine, just the Alum. plate stay $70) and other cosmetic damages.

Lesson learned, take all fairings off while practicing and don't ride the Versys like a super sport :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the engine guards are a blessing!

Nope, stock tires. I have foot peg lowering kit, so I might have scraped the foot peg which led to lowered traction. I was only doing like 35-40 mph.

I am new to hard leaning with bikes, used to counter steer dirt bikes and lean them all the way while still being up right! Didn't apply that technique here tho, tried to lean it like a sport bike.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ouch - major bruising to the ego :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
The original idea behind knee-dragging or hanging-off was to allow the bike to corner with less bike lean, although now most super sport squiddly types do it for "show".

Big empty parking lots are pretty good places to practice bike handling in lieu of the street. I took my bike to a (not to be named) lot and practiced quick stops and evasive action the first week I had it. Caution of course, big lots have owners who may not like gymkhana & autocross on their property.

Happy to hear you're okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts