Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I've been eying the Versys for about 3 years now. Finally out of school and working, put a down payment on a 2011 Versys. Should be here in a week or two. My dealer is getting one brand spanking new from Kawi, not sent from another dealer. I was hoping to find one used but there just aren't any 2010 or newer used V's out there. The upgrades for the vibration were key to me. I've been totally spoiled on an inline 4 for the past couple of years.

I've been lurking for some time checking out the various farkles.

Things on my list are:
  1. SW Motech top rack
  2. Givi 46L top case (I use the storage a lot when I commute to work)
  3. Power outlet (really liked Cap'n Kirk's method)
  4. Larger windscreen (not sure which yet)
I'm looking forward to exploring the forums more and getting to know y'all.

Happy Riding!
BaileyMan

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 78 Honda CB400TII, aka Honda Hawk . He's up for sale now on Craigslist in the SF Bay Area. No takers yet, maybe I'll keep him. I don't really want to see him go, but it'll help fund the new bike.

and an 84 Honda CB700, aka Nighthawk S. She's in the process of getting a new paint job. It'll be stock. At the moment most of the paint is sanded down to plastic, soon it'll be ready for a new coat of paint, new decals, and nice fresh clear coat. She'll likely be up for sale in a little while too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: from Buffalo, NY! The V is a great bike.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's actually not. There just happens to be another one for sale in the area. The one in the link you included looks to be in pretty good shape too...

Here's mine: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/2861719219.html (of course this link will expire on Monday, and a new one will be up)

Thanks also to everyone for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to exploring the forum more, but mostly I'm looking forward to exploring on the new V...Having to wait is tortuous!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: and :goodluck: selling the old, bring in the new! :thumb:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Very nice hardware you have there. If I just had more room in the garage!

Good luck on the sale (you will kick yourself later) and welcome to the site. Very intelligent group around here. Well, excluding me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very nice hardware you have there. If I just had more room in the garage!

Good luck on the sale (you will kick yourself later).
I know...we'll see what happens...if either of the bikes aren't meant to be sold then they won't be. I need to make some room though. I wish I could keep them all...

Edit: Someone came by to look at the 78 Hawk today...don't think I can sell him...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The dealer told me one to two weeks...I've been counting down the days like a kid at Christmas...Thursday will be one week, I'm really hoping it'll happen then, but I'm also prepared for it to take longer...

Can't wait to get on the V! :D

and :thanx: for the welcomes! (my wife was reading this thread, and she said, "Wow! Everyone is so nice!")

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
and :thanx: for the welcomes! (my wife was reading this thread, and she said, "Wow! Everyone is so nice!")
Its mostly pretty good and respectful here but if anything gets out of hand the super mod (Bear) fly's in with his undies on the outside and sorts it out :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts