Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to spending all my $$ (what little I have) on motorcycle gear... I've been bad and have been riding in sneakers or work boots the last season...

Anyways can anybody recommend a boot under $125? Looking for something 3/4 length or lower, wearable all day w/o too much comfort and some decent protection (I realize this isn't an optimal budget for boots but i'm working with what i've got :( )

Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Vega has a tall boot that sells for around $79. Google Vega motorcycle boots. I can't recall where I saw them - probably Motorcycle Superstore but I'not certain.

They aren't spectacular but they're worth the price. Good luck.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Vega Merge are available from Jarfrum.com for $69 and get extremely good reviews from most of the online vendors. I just picked up a pair for around town, they look really good with jeans or full on riding pants. The quality and comfort are top notch, and has peaked my interest in trying their $119 racing style boot. I would give them a look if I was you.

http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Vega-Boots/Motorcycle-Boots-Mens-Vega-Merge-Boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KTJAj_2dxR8

·
Registered
281 Posts
Icon SuperDuty, all day comfort. I've even hiked in them. Great protection, however not waterproof. I have the tan color which is great with jeans. It looks like Revzilla is out of tan..........I'm sure you could find them elsewhere if thats the color of choice.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/icon-superduty-3-boot

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies folks!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I use THOR 50/50 boots. Around 100 bucks and are comfortable and very rigid. They actually will protect your foot in a crash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own Shift Fuel's. I bought them based on this review and I have been happy with them, and feel the the review is accurate.
how ever these are not at all water proof and some of the little rubber "bumpers" on the SIDE of the boot have fallen off (2-3 years of use) due to the boot flexing when I walk.
These are WICKED comfortable, and blend in as normal street shoes very well. No one will know you rode motorcycle to work.

WebBikeWorld

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I own Shift Fuel's. I bought them based on this review and I have been happy with them, and feel the the review is accurate.
how ever these are not at all water proof and some of the little rubber "bumpers" on the SIDE of the boot have fallen off (2-3 years of use) due to the boot flexing when I walk.
These are WICKED comfortable, and blend in as normal street shoes very well. No one will know you rode motorcycle to work.

WebBikeWorld
I have some shift ankle.....I think fuel -awesome-awesome boot! But they don't sell it anymore? :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have been searching around for a while now for a budget boot, and made a purchase earlier today.

I went with Rush Adventure Boot. Paid $100 shipped to my door.

I will post a review when I get them and put some miles on the bike.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
575 Posts
Like a couple of others I've been riding with the TourMaster Solution boots for about four years and about 100k klms on a few bikes. Winter riding up here gets very, very wet and sometimes cold. Feet are always warm and dry with a wool sock.

They've started to peal away from the velcro covering the zipper now but this can be expected with a boot I only paid $79 for some years ago. I've got my monies worth out of them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts