Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that's warm the bugs are out in full force in Missouri! I have found a damp microfiber cloth to be a great way to wipe off the bugs from my V and gear. Below is link to the microfiber cloths I bought. Highly recommended!

I am interested to hear of any other solutions people have for cleaning off bugs and dirt.

http://www.microfiberwholesale.com/16-x16-All-Purpose-Microfiber-Towel.html

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
Any Butyl based cleaner will work great. The bug guts are protein and it cuts right through it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Windshield: Very warm water saturated microfiber cloth draped across for a few minutes. Invert cloth and rub off the rest of the bug crud. Dry and polish with a dry microfiber cloth.

The rest of the bike: Armor All Power Wash Gel with a microfiber cloth.

I clean my helmet and boots the same way I clean my windshield. No chemicals.

Jacket, pants and gloves: Sponge clean with warm Woolight solution. Except leather, when I just rub it down with another dry cloth.

~ Wes

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
I use "Lemon Pledge" or the 'No-Name' brand of lemon scented furniture cleaner, and it works "ACES" on visors, windshields, and instruments TOO! NO scratches. :goodidea:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I grab a bathroom towel without the wife seeing me, dampen one end,rub off the bugs and stash the towel at the bottom of the hamper when done. This works great until you get caught .

·
Registered
99 Posts
A good wax or polymer sealer on the windshield might help prevent those bugs from getting too embedded in the first place. I've been using something called Rejex as a wax for my cars and their tag line used to be "So slick even bugs won't stick." After waxing my car with it, the car feels smoother than glass!

I will give it a try on both my helmet and windshield and see how it does.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I grab a bathroom towel without the wife seeing me, dampen one end,rub off the bugs and stash the towel at the bottom of the hamper when done. This works great until you get caught .
:funnypost:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use plain lemon oil, as I work for an essential oil company. Works like a dream to get any gunk off, leaves no residue, and there is that lemon scent to boot. Works on road tar like it was a fingerprint.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
A good wax or polymer sealer on the windshield might help prevent those bugs from getting too embedded in the first place. I've been using something called Rejex as a wax for my cars and their tag line used to be "So slick even bugs won't stick." After waxing my car with it, the car feels smoother than glass!

I will give it a try on both my helmet and windshield and see how it does.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
WebBikeWorld's take on Rejex. They like it.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/rejex/

·
Registered
287 Posts
I use Plexus, a cleaner for any sort of polycarbonate. Works well on all my plastics, as well as my helmet and shield. Found some soft terry cloths at Autozone for about $5 a bag, and it works out pretty well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Some commercial solutions that are I've used and can say I was pleased with:

Honda Polish

Tarminator (I've always liked Stoner's products -- no mj jokes, please :forgetit:.)

Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily endorsing the reseller that the links take you to, just giving you a link to the product so you can see it/read about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I use Plexus, a cleaner for any sort of polycarbonate. Works well on all my plastics, as well as my helmet and shield. Found some soft terry cloths at Autozone for about $5 a bag, and it works out pretty well.
Ditto except I get my microfibers from Costco. Use Plexus for the windscreen and Helmet. Spray on, let soak, wipe off. We have industrial strength bug guts up here ( I'm sure everyone says that ).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ride in the rain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts