Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a small rear rack that goes over the passenger seat instead of hanging off the bike. Anyone seen or heard of one? I never have passengers and want something small and low profile. I don't carry much and won't wear a backpack . I can just use the grab handles and some bungee cords but would like something more secure. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a medium-sized backpack which I attach to the passenger rails with the back straps; and connect the lower straps to the reflector base on each side. Works well. And, it quickly disconnects to provide a backpack, when you stop - although you said you didn't want to use a backpack.

I liked it as a quick, relatively inexpensive solution that was very functional.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Check out thecycleguys.com they have a rack that straps to the rear pillion and provides a flat area for gear. It works great for me. It will also keep soft bags from rubbing the paint. I think its called "fast rack".

·
Registered
170 Posts
John-

I looked at their website and they list a number of different bikes for the Elite Seat Sack, but not a Versys specifically. Do you think the specific make/model is crucial to how that bag would fit on a Versys, or would any choice work?

That really looks like a nice system.

I used this on my Z750S for years. Made by Luggage Locker and works on one piece seats like the Versys.

www.luggagelocker.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
I want to get a small rear rack that goes over the passenger seat instead of hanging off the bike. Anyone seen or heard of one? I never have passengers and want something small and low profile. I don't carry much and won't wear a backpack . I can just use the grab handles and some bungee cords but would like something more secure. Thanks.
Yo mean somthing like this. :thumb:
See HERE for further details.

Richard

·
Registered
203 Posts
How about the Ventura luggage system

The rack can face either toward the front or the rear.

·
Registered
434 Posts
John-

I looked at their website and they list a number of different bikes for the Elite Seat Sack, but not a Versys specifically. Do you think the specific make/model is crucial to how that bag would fit on a Versys, or would any choice work?

That really looks like a nice system.
They do not\did not list the Z750S either. Based on the seats of the two bikes (Z750S\Versys) and my experience, I'm certain the Elite Seat Sack will work.

Here are some more pictures which will give you an idea of the mounting system. The Velcro and clasp run under the seat and tighten the bag to the seat. It is very secure up to about 140 :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info everyone. No net access so sorry for the delayed thank you. Time to make a decision. Merry X-mas everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts