Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farewell 2005 Ninja 250. Thank you for being such a great motorcycle to start off with.

Purchased at 7,195 miles.
Sold at 28,XXX miles
Sold for $1 per cc.

It has been sitting on my porch for over a year. Everything needs replacing. Worse is the coolant and oil mixing together to create some nice looking morning coffee.

Wondering why she is hanging on the steps? I had to back it down the steps from the porch. No room to turn it around. I thought I'd take a picture of it on the steps! Don't worry, it wasn't going anywhere. Front brake were stuck. It took another person to help me push from the front and me being on the motorcycle to stabilize it down. Difficulty? 2/10

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hopefully the new owner gives it the love it deserves. Your neighbors should have reported you for bike neglect. ;)
More like someone tried to steal it two times within a month. A old lady from a few houses down saw three guys trying to push the Ninja into the back of a cargo van, but it tipped over on the ramp and fell to the ground. They apparently just left it there and drove off. It was sitting in the street for over four to five hours. :eek:

One of the big issues I had was improper winterization. Then I purchased a car for the winter and she sat for a year. =/ Gaskets were bad. Carbs needed a rebuild. It couldn't sync properly. It only pulled vacuum to one side of two. Rust in the tank. During a moment of trying to get it back to running properly. I over torqued a valve screw, it snapped, and called it quits.

Congrats! :thumb::thumb:

Get yourself a new 300 for a run about! :D
Naaaaah! I got my V and she's a beauty. I have learned a lot with the Ninja 250 and the V will not be disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts