Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying some soft side luggage for my beautiful '09 Versys...however, it seems that a lot of them say they may interfere with the rear turn signal placement? Can anyone recommend some soft side luggage suitable for short road trips that won't interfere with the turn signals?

:thanx:

Annette

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There are different solutions and you'll probably get a recommendation for each as "the best"... ;)

I have a set of Ortlieb saddlebags that work well for me. Do a search on soft luggage and you'll see all the other options with pictures. One thing to keep in mind is that soft luggage can scratch the painted surfaces, you will want to put a plastic film to protect the painted surfaces from rubbing if you ant to keep your Versys as beautiful as it is.

Gustavo

·
Registered
27 Posts
That really depends on "interference". I have Ogio soft bags (at least for one more day :) ), and they touch the signal lights - maybe rest on them a bit, but I don't think it's hurting them at all. Of course, that's just my opinion.

If you had these bags and just threw them over the seat instead of strapping them under the seat like I did, then they probably wouldn't be that low and not touch the signals anyway.

Here's a pic - hopefully that helps. You can see the lights and where the bags touch them.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a set of Ortlieb saddlebags that work well for me.
+1. with the straps under the saddle, the ortliebs sit ahead of the indicators. also, the backsides are semi-rigid, so they do not require any sort of bracket to remain clear of the rear tire; that seems to be an issue with some other setups. that they are waterproof is a nice bonus, no need to stop for rain covers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My Firstgear bags barely nudge the turn signals, with the under seat install. I don't see em anywhere near the wheel, so not worrying about that at all.

Not my first choice in bags, but I found a used set for $30 and couldn't resist the deal!

·
Super Moderator
18,827 Posts
I use some FIELDSHEER soft bags. Here's a couple of pics. I mount the straps over the seat, with the rear one through the passenger grab rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chase Harper touring saddlebags. they have a thin padding attached to the backs of the bags to prevent scratches. They do however cover the turn signals from the side, but are still visible from the rear where it matters most. I love them and they look great.

·
Registered
582 Posts
These are cortech's. Sag a little but arn't in the way of anything, expand out, and have pads to prevent scratching. doesn't block turn signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have Motopack that I use, both the 60 and 90 size, neither bothers the turn signals, I do the throw over deal when I travel and use a tank bag for every day stuff so i don't have to have bags on all the time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts