Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on soft saddle bags? looking for something waterproof that can hold a helmet if need be. Also looking to mount some fog lights, any advice on witch ones? Also the best place to mount them.....Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I have, or have had, FOUR sets of soft bags. Been to Alaska 3 times with various sets, and for water-proofing, I stick 2 garbage bags (1 inside the other) in each one with my stuff inside. I've been wet, but my stuff's stayed dry!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Two words. Ziploc bags.

The heavy duty freezer bags will keep things dry unless you go under water.
+1

Take a few extra to hold the smelly sweaty clothes from contaminating your clean clothes. They make good compression sacks too. Stuff clothes in, roll to compress and force out the air - zip closed. I've used a lot of these in the past and each bag holds a set of clothes. Unzip - change and the dirty clothes go in. Also work well for food & snacks. Easier to pack than boxes and food stays fresher longer.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
+1

Take a few extra to hold the smelly sweaty clothes from contaminating your clean clothes. They make good compression sacks too. Stuff clothes in, roll to compress and force out the air - zip closed. I've used a lot of these in the past and each bag holds a set of clothes. Unzip - change and the dirty clothes go in. Also work well for food & snacks. Easier to pack than boxes and food stays fresher longer.
You can get them online in big (3 gal) x-large (10 gal) and xx-large (20 gal).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi

On my 2009, I have

VisionX LED lights (which seem the same as Denali lights)

1 of NSW.08.004.10100.B SW-Motech Auxiliary Light Mount (Kawasaki Versys, '07-'09) $55.00 from Twisted Throttle

2 of Vision X XIL-S1102 Solstice 2" Square Spot Beam Solo LED Pod Light

http://www.tontodonato.com/images/Versys/Lights_640.jpg

Daytime video of turning them on:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts