Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That study must've been done by the N.S. Sherlock Institute.... Same one that found there are differences between the way men and women think. :huh:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
OMG that is so funny! :D

Look at the guy in the photo! :eek:

Bust a gut. He might get hurt? LOL

The next study will be rider over 70 get hurt really bad! Ha! Ha!

Over 80 really really bad! :eek:

And the ones over 90 wow that was really bad! :eek:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
That study must've been done by the N.S. Sherlock Institute.... Same one that found there are differences between the way men and women think. :huh:
This guy is flipping through the book "Understanding Women". I have heard rumors that this is Volume 1 of a set!

·
Registered
106 Posts
According to the study, those who begin motorcycling later in life, or return to it, are more likely to endure more significant injuries if they crash.
So, does that mean that those of us who've been doing it for 50 years are not "more likely to endure more significant injuries if they crash."?

Not very well written.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
So, does that mean that those of us who've been doing it for 50 years are not "more likely to endure more significant injuries if they crash."?

Not very well written.
We should be hearing from some actuarial genius informing us that those of us who have made it this far without disaster need to have our rates increased due to the fact that their calculations indicate that our number HAS to be up by now.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I love the goverment study that found most accidents happen within 25 miles of the persons home! Oh really! :( And how much did that one cost us! :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts

Not very well written.
Something I noticed missing from this story was how the data was collected. I wouldn't be surprised at all if more 50 year old's go to the emergency room (because they have the money), while 20-30 year old's suck it up. I worked with a guy in his 30's that crashed on his way to work, shattering his ankle. He then continued on to work and tried to fake the injury as an "on the job" injury. He got caught, but I have to wonder how many didn't.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Something I noticed missing from this story was how the data was collected. I wouldn't be surprised at all if more 50 year old's go to the emergency room (because they have the money), while 20-30 year old's suck it up. I worked with a guy in his 30's that crashed on his way to work, shattering his ankle. He then continued on to work and tried to fake the injury as an "on the job" injury. He got caught, but I have to wonder how many didn't.
Besides getting the medical bills paid for by the company, by making it a "job related injury", our shop has been stuck paying for disability time off & damage settlements. When the insurance companies started to investigate some of the claims & throw in some denials, a couple guys complained that it didn't pay to get hurt any more. I always thought being stupid was supposed to hurt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts