Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally... FINALLY got around to adjusting my chain slack today. Actually had to use some brake cleaner to get all the PJ-1 sh!t off the chain. That sucked.

Grabbed a handful of wrenches for the slack adjustment. Turns out the whole thing can be done with a 27mm and 12mm wrenches. Just like my old Ninja. And my old gpz 550.

Oh yeah, I adjusted my shifter lever as well. We'll see how that goes. Wanted to adjust the brake pedal as well, but couldn't get my finger in there to move the nut.

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to replace my city lights (again ) and install the phone charger.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
there is reasons why the versys is called the old mans ninja xD

any why are you replacing your city lights again? are they burning out? are you running LED or filament bulbs?

Reactions: 52Degrees

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the cheap 10 or 20 pack on Amazon. The first one failed partially on power up, the next 2 seemed to work OK for about a week and went out completely never to return.

I bought a pair of Sylvania x-something or other this time.

·
Premium Member
9,253 Posts
City Lights ??

6 years old and over 600 hours on the philips ( took them out of the 07 before I sold it), and yes I had the cheap ones in the 07 , lasted about 2 weeks and failed,stuck more of the same crap in, one failed immediately on power up, threw the remaining in the garbage. I saved absolutely nothing ( sounds like a song) Bought the Philips which are a well known leader in LED technology. Now available at Walmart

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had pretty good luck with the Sylvania Zevo (autocorrect changed "z-something" to "x-something") with my jeep, and O'Reilly's had them in stock, so I grabbed some. Now if I could only find some obscenely bright half - height 1156A led bulbs for the turn signals...

Haven't seen those in the auto parts stores, though.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I bought the cheap 10 or 20 pack on Amazon. The first one failed partially on power up, the next 2 seemed to work OK for about a week and went out completely never to return.

I bought a pair of Sylvania x-something or other this time.

sylvanuia are what i have in my 08 and they have held up good even thru wheelies and hard bumps from time to time. and got them at walmart

Reactions: 52Degrees
1 - 7 of 7 Posts