Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody

Thanks for all your help, advice and friendship over the past 8 years.

I have sold Miss Jaffa (2007 Versys 650) after 8 years and 60,000+ kms and gone to the dark side (2014 BMW F800GSA with all options).

I will still drop in to the forum occasionally, but will miss you all.

Cheers

BigAussie / Alan

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Adios & All The Best

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Have fun on the new bike! It should be quite a change from the ole' V.

Reactions: bigaussie

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the new ride. Would not mind seeing a review of the BMW here after you have some miles on it. My friend lists that in his "possibles" list as he continually thinks of buying a motorcycle. Keep the rubber side down, Chuck

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Good luck with your new ride, and remember never go out without your towel. Oh, and the answer by the way is 42.

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
Alan - :goodluck:...!

A fellow I met enroute to the D2D in '15 was on a BMW F800GS (and we switched bikes for a bit). A year or so later he got rid of it, bought a VStrom 650, but didn't like it particularly, then bought a '16 650LT. He LOVES it OVER the other two bikes.

Just sayin'....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't Panic

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Have fun on the new bike! It should be quite a change from the ole' V.
So far I don't notice a huge difference.

I haven't used the ABS & Traction Control, but do love being able to change the suspension on the fly. Also having a gear indicator and a centre stand is nice.

I am still getting used to the rev range (likes 2,000 -- 4,000 best). I get a bit of a buzz over 4,000.

The V used to like 3,500 to 6,000. I would often take 2nd all the way to the red-line.

The seat is different - still very comfortable, but different. I had the OEM Gel Seat on the V.

Cheers

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats. Now you need to come to 'merica' and ride the TAT.
Before I tackle the TAT there are some rides in BC (e.g. Lillooet to Bella Coola via logging roads) and WA (WABDR) that I want to tackle first.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck and enjoy the new ride. Would not mind seeing a review of the BMW here after you have some miles on it. My friend lists that in his "possibles" list as he continually thinks of buying a motorcycle. Keep the rubber side down, Chuck
Hi Chuck

I wouldn't buy it as a first bike (unless $'s weren't a problem).

I consider the V a perfect first bike - a bit lighter, a bit lower, and 1/4 to 1/2 the price.

I was never precious about the V and took it everywhere from local logging roads to Alaska.

I don't think there is anywhere I want to go on the F800 that I wouldn't take the V, but the traction control may help me stay upright. Both bikes are on TKC 80's.

I will report back next year after I have taken it off-road.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alan - :goodluck:...!

A fellow I met enroute to the D2D in '15 was on a BMW F800GS (and we switched bikes for a bit). A year or so later he got rid of it, bought a VStrom 650, but didn't like it particularly, then bought a '16 650LT. He LOVES it OVER the other two bikes.

Just sayin'....
I know there is a chance I will be back, but I have wanted a GS from before I got my licence in 2009.

I have to follow my dreams, at least for a while.

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
I know there is a chance I will be back, but I have wanted a GS from before I got my licence in 2009.

I have to follow my dreams, at least for a while.
Alan - you'll ALWAYS be welcome here.

:yeahsmile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts