Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped off a check for my new green machine! The Versys X 300 is my second Kawasaki, and I hope to have this one as long as my last (a 2006 Vulcan Nomad 1600 bought fresh out of the crate). Looking forward to rummaging through the forum to learn more about this cute little bike.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome! That is quite a change you have made.

psst.. :clap: The green ones are faster! >:)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome aboard form San Antonio, Texas! Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! That is quite a change you have made.

psst.. :clap: The green ones are faster! >:)
LOL, not so much a change as an addition to the stables. Although, I am considering giving up the big guy. I just don't do long interstate riding like I used to do. Come spring I hope to thin the herd dramatically and pay off the Versys. I'm short and not quite as strong as I used to be, so lugging the 800lb Kawasaki around town was getting tiresome. The Baby-V is a little tall, but light enough that I don't mind. Hopefully, it will be the perfect casual adventure bike that will get me where I want to go without making me dread the inevitable need to pick the bike up when it slips out from under me. :grin2:

·
Registered
449 Posts
LOL, not so much a change as an addition to the stables. Although, I am considering giving up the big guy. I just don't do long interstate riding like I used to do. Come spring I hope to thin the herd dramatically and pay off the Versys. I'm short and not quite as strong as I used to be, so lugging the 800lb Kawasaki around town was getting tiresome. The Baby-V is a little tall, but light enough that I don't mind. Hopefully, it will be the perfect casual adventure bike that will get me where I want to go without making me dread the inevitable need to pick the bike up when it slips out from under me. :grin2:
That was my reason as well. Although my V-Strom is only 500lbs it seems to all be centred in the gas tank! I guess it is the height of the bike and the COG.
The VX300 is a breeze to pick up - and even more capable on dirt roads, even with OEM 90/100 tires.
Just rev the nuts off it. They thrive on revs. I do not wish to start another "how to run a bike in" argument but keep it above 5,000rpm. The manuals running in procedure seems much more relevant to a larger displacement bike. It's perhaps just directly copied from the 650 manual. Just avoid full throttle or lugging it.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts