Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful warm, blue sky winters day here after a very, very wet weekend, we had snow to very low levels and flooding close to me so decided to take off and ride 90km in land to lake Tekapo to see how much snow that actually fell.
It was nice and warm at home when i took off.

Got 50km in land at Farlie and struck the first snow and my first need to go for the middle age pee so pulled up on footpath outside public toilet.

Then 20km down rode through and up Burkes pass.

A few more km's down the rode and thought this was a great shot of the high plains.

Then some shots around Lake Tekapo itself

Into the cafe for the much needed coffee to warm up

After the coffee back on the bike to home before it started cooling off as the sun got lower on the mountains and home to cook the evening meal before my wife got home from work (I cook once a week and tonight was it)

·
Registered
219 Posts
It was a beautiful warm, blue sky winters day here after a very, very wet weekend, we had snow to very low levels and flooding close to me so decided to take off and ride 90km in land to lake Tekapo to see how much snow that actually fell.
Beautiful! Thanks for showing the V out and about.

·
Registered
489 Posts
:thumb: Great Pics, man that sure looks cool, :cool: we're riding in 100+ degrees in Texas, its hotter than :devil: I could post some pics of melted asphalt for you! It seems weird to be so cold in August. Oh ya, I have to remember, your seasons are bass-ackwards :D

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumb: Great Pics, man that sure looks cool, :cool: we're riding in 100+ degrees in Texas, its hotter than :devil: I could post some pics of melted asphalt for you! It seems weird to be so cold in August. Oh ya, I have to remember, your seasons are bass-ackwards :D
Was riding last January in temps above 30 celcius where my stand was sinking through the road. Our shortest day is July 21st and september is first month of spring so days are starting to get longer as we creep towards summer and more V riding weather.

It was cold on that ride, had thermal mittens under my gloves and my hands were still cold, boots were good as thay have gortex in them. My biggest concern was getting back before some of the melting snow froze across road especially in some more shaded twisty areas that have trees along side of road. It was not a fast ride!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts