Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to sneak a ride in? :D

Warm winds before the storm so I went for it! :thumb:

About 30 mile ride with big gusting winds. 45 degrees out with my cold weather gear on. LOL Thats as cold as I ride maybe 40!

Nice to get that ride in. Probably February before the next one. I like it because it keeps everything going and battery up. :thumb: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Snuck one in today on the opposite coast from you. (CT) Same temps as you but I had calm and sunny skies. Covered about 60 miles on back roads. Weatherman says I may be able to do it again on Wed.

Andy

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Road to work tonight and hope it's a little better in the morning. Don't think so though. ;-)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I got a ride to and from work in yesterday. It had been a couple of weeks due to a snowfall around Xmas. Yesterday it was around 34F, well within my riding range. BUT, this morning it was around 22F and I expected some frozen melt-off on the roads from yesterday and 22 is a few degrees colder than I like to ride, so I chickened out today. I'll probably ride tomorrow if it's in the 30s.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Riding in the morning. 20 miles to the office. Temp should be in the high 20s/low 30s in the morning and in the 40s in the evening for the ride home. A columbia lightweight jacket under my fall riding jacket, winter riding gloves and heated grips. Gotta find a way to keep my ankles a little warm since I won't have riding boots...

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well MTS, it all depends on where you live. If you are close enough, I would be happy to join you for a ride.
Nemisis714 I live mostly in MT and part time in WY. So I am a ways from you. Also am a fair weather rider and any more do pretty short rides. :thumb:

Weljo those look like fun rides 130 miles with a few stops and lunch! :thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not sneaking anywhere for a ride.. my area is hemmed in by bush fires and can't risk going too far in case I can't get back.
We were all packed yesterday in case of a wind change, but if that wasn't the case I still wouldn't be sneaking out for a blast... I'd be kicking the chooks and dogs out of the way past the screaming kids and a vengeful missus.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sneaking anywhere for a ride.. my area is hemmed in by bush fires and can't risk going too far in case I can't get back.
We were all packed yesterday in case of a wind change, but if that wasn't the case I still wouldn't be sneaking out for a blast... I'd be kicking the chooks and dogs out of the way past the screaming kids and a vengeful missus.
I have heard of the fires in the world news! :eek: Stay safe crow! And I hope you guys get through this soon!

We have had a few summers like that here because of all the timber land. :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
California baby, if it's not raining I'm riding.

Some folks ride anyway, but I'm not that brave, also I don't like being cold and wet :p

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts