Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
** Akro and PCFC installed**

:smile2:

All done, was going for twin pipe install but ran into trouble with the chain/kickstand/swingarm spacing on the left and canned the idea.

Have a extra SS Akro for sale now to a Sarf-Efrican.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The tests today was done on the road with roll ons in 4th gear, I selected a up hill section on the Polkadraai link between Stellies and Kuile.
First was with the baffle in and the Dynojet stock map (pcfc setting #1). Result was better midrange than stock muffler but it was too rich in the lower revs. No popping on deceleration.
Second was with baffle in and OEM stock map (pcfc setting #10). Standard midrange as per stock muffler and no rich or lean spots, bit more vibey and not as smooth as #1. No popping on deceleration.
Third was with no baffle and the Dynojet stock map (pcfc setting #1). Standard midrange power and lovely top end but LOUD AS F^(%!! Not for me, although I would wake up the sleepy drivers on the N2 commute in the mornings. No popping on deceleration.

My setup for now will be the first with the baffle in and the Dynojet stock map (pcfc setting #1). I fine tuned the throttle position sensor which was set a bit to the high side at 1.1V at 1300rpm, I reset it to factory 1.030V at 1300rpm using the PCFC laptop program plugged into the PCFC to monitor voltage and adjusted the TPS to match 1.030V. The throttle position calibration on PCFC was also set again to match the throttle-input/map.
I adjusted the accelerator pump function to give a little less fuel on throttle opening. Old settings was throttle% @15%, fuel @+15%, revolutions duration for 20revolutions. New settings is throttle% @20%, fuel @+5%, revolutions duration for 5revolutions. Ill check out the results tomorrow in the traffic and report back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts