Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I just bought a Corbin for my bike and I love it compared to the stock seat, but I slide around on it. Anyone had this problem tried roughing it up with something?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently had a similar problem, but only after using leather conditioner. I thought that may have caused the seat to become slippery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Conditioner

Did you find a way to safely remove the conditioner? I bought my seat used and I believe conditioner was used on mine too.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually, recently it hasn't seemed as slippery lately. I believe some of the conditioner wore off. Maybe try some leather cleaner then a good quality conditioner. Don't forget, the seat is leather, so a good conditioner is a must. I didn't do anything different to the seat

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
I used Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my leather Baldwin worked great and not slick at all. Most Auto Supply Stores carry Lexol ...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Hey! I just bought a Corbin for my bike and I love it compared to the stock seat, but I slide around on it. Anyone had this problem tried roughing it up with something?
I have been riding with a Corbin on my V for 6 years. It is a little slipperier than the stock seat and a Seat Concepts seat. I like it that way, because its easier to shift my position when riding the twisties, or when I just want to shift my position on long straight rides. I have never used any leather conditioner or cleaner on it. I think I use my core muscles and hip muscles to keep myself where I need to be on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
I find that Armor All on the pillion part of the saddle is an excellent method of ending unwanted relationships. :devil:
THAT, and then "dropping the clutch" in 1st gear at 6,000 rpm...!

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts