Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have tried to search on this forum to no avail, so I'll just ask.
Does anyone make a slip-on exhaust for the 2015 650?
Seems I am only finding full systems.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16 Posts
the 2015 has a one piece exhaust so a slip on isn't really feasible. i'm keeping mine stock. i don't really want attention from cops as I already filter at stop lights in a grey area state.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 2015 has a one piece exhaust so a slip on isn't really feasible. i'm keeping mine stock. i don't really want attention from cops as I already filter at stop lights in a grey area state.
My reasoning for this mod would be primarily weight reduction. I heard that the stock muffler weighs 16 lbs more. Just what i heard. I did not look into that to see if it is correct.
I don't need it louder than stock. I wouldn't mind the sound of my all stock '96 GPZ 1100 (but I highly doubt that that is possible). It had that whirring, jet engine sound. Obviously, I could've improved the performance of that motorcycle with aftermarket pipes, but I loved that sound of the stock pipes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
No slip ons for the gen 3s. I happen to be a fan of the Two Brothers system for the versys, no tinny sound at all, and very well made ... but it is LOUD!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No slip ons for the gen 3s. I happen to be a fan of the Two Brothers system for the versys, no tinny sound at all, and very well made ... but it is LOUD!!!
Is the only option for just about every brand, louder?
What are the benefits besides weight reduction? More hp, better throttle response? Anything else?

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Weight reduction ??

It is real simple for me, leave the stop and go tire plugging, the prop stand, gloves, chain lube, 2 spare bottles of water & 2 liters of water, heated gear, spare fuses, rags, winter gloves, charging adapters for Go Pro and phone, paper maps, 14mm open end wrenches for the mirrors , led extension light for roadside emergencies ( homemade 10 feet using a led light bar that was useless for driving, perfect for side of the road repairs c/w cigarette lighter plug, I have a live lighter plug for the compressor and this ) , and the list goes on, givi trekker side cases and V56 top case.

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
...14mm open end wrenches for the mirrors....
Why? On my '15 V650 I set-up the mirrors when I got the bike, and have NOT touched them w/ a wrench since.

:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts